Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spelling Analysis

I have collected three different levels of students in my placement which are above average, average, and below average. Since I do not see much readings and writings on in my classroom, I had no idea who to pick. I told my CT that I need to collect students’ writing samples and she picked three students for me to take them to the hallway to do some writing.
Both Student A and Student B who are above average and average student are in stage 2: Letter Name-Alphabetic Spelling. Both of them know how to write their name in Chinese and English correctly and also few English words such as I, like, and etc. I noticed during writing time, Student B sounded out the word into each syllable and try to write out the word which was a good start to spell out words.
Student C who is below the average in the class could barely write her name in only English. When I asked her to write anything that she can write in Chinese or English, she said she does not know how to write anything. And she starts to draw her favorite foods. Thus, I think she is in stage 1: Emergent Spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment