Monday, April 25, 2011

Lee Mini Lesson Plan #1

Reading Lesson Plan # _1__

Rationale (What evidence do you have that your focus students need to learn this skill/strategy?): I know that my students can read simple Chinese sentences but to become a fluent reader, students not only have to read accurately and with appropriate speed but also with prosody. I noticed that students can read accurately but a bit slow and without expression. In this lesson, I will practice them to read faster and with expression.

Objective for this lesson (performance, condition, criteria):
Performance: Students will be able to read a short Chinese book with prosody and appropriate speed rate.
Condition: Students will read the book via echo reading and buddy reading.
Criteria: Students will read aloud to the group with prosody and appropriate speed rate.

Materials & supplies needed:
The book called 你在做什么? meaning what are you doing?

Procedures and approximate time allocated for each event
Introduction to the lesson (_5minutes)
Who knows how to read in Chinese? Yes, I know everyone can read Chinese.
So today we are going to read a very short Chinese book and see who can read fluently. Who knows what fluent means? Fluent means that a person read correctly, with appropriate reading speed and also with intonation and expression.
I know all of you want to be a fluent reader so we are going to practice how to read fluently.

OUTLINE of key events during the lesson (_10~15__ minutes)
Ask if students can find words that they can read in the book
Read the book to the students using prosody and appropriate reading speed rate
Do echo reading with actions go with the sentences
Do buddy reading except that one student read to two students and take turns
*While students read, I will pay close attention how they are reading.

Closing summary for the lesson (_10__ minutes)
Ask students how they read today compare to the way they read in class
Which way did you like better? I like how we read today much better because this way makes me reading fun!
Was it helpful for you to practice reading again and again?
Who can feel that they can read faster than before practicing?
What other ways you can practice your reading skills? Such as reading to younger brother.
Everyone did great job reading today!

Ongoing-Assessment:
As students read after me and read for their peers, I will listen and pay attention how they are participating and reading. During practicing reading, if students are struggling to read such as they don’t recognize words or don’t know what the sentences are saying then I will make a note what they need to work on so I can plan follow-up instruction.

Based on what you know about your focus students, what Academic, Social and/or Linguistic Support will be needed during the lesson?
Student B and Student H are very quiet and soft spoken. So, I will encourage them to speak up and make sure they get chance to talk and express over Student X because she is very outgoing and talkative student. Other than this, there are no academic or linguistic supports needed to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment