Reading Lesson Plan # _2__
Rationale : Throughout the semester, I have not observed students having read a book or CT reads a book to students. Thus, I wanted to know where my focus students are at in terms of comprehension level.
Objective for this lesson (performance, condition, criteria):
Students will retell the story up to three events using their own words or phrasing from an ancient Chinese folktale book that will be read aloud to the students.
Materials & supplies needed:
The book Tikki Tikki Tembo retold by Arlene Mosel and illustrated by Blair Lent
Procedures and approximate time allocated for each event
Introduction to the lesson (_5__ minutes)
By pointing the cover, Just by looking at the cover of the book, who can guess what this book is about?
Does anyone know what Tikki Tikki Tembo means? Or has any ideas what that mean?
After hearing the story, you will find out what Tikki Tikki Tembo means. I want you all to pay close attention to the story and this story is an ancient Chinese folktale.
Have you heard of Chinese folktale before? If you do, please share with us!
OUTLINE of key events during the lesson (_10~15__ minutes)
While I read the book, students will sit tight and listen carefully.
So now we know what Tikki Tikki Tembo is. What is it?
Before we read the book, we were guessing what the story is about. Did anyone guess right?
Was this story interesting? If students say yes, then let them tell peers what was interesting
So, what happened in the beginning of the story?
And then what happened after? And what happened at the end of the story?
Now, imagine you are telling this story to your family. Who wants to try to retell the story?
Closing summary for the lesson (_7__ minutes)
Does anyone have any questions about the story?
Does anyone know other folktale that they want to share?
It is important to understand the story but it is also an important skill that you can retell the story with your own words. I think everyone did a great job retelling the story and I believe everyone will tell this story to others as well.
Ongoing-Assessment:
After finish reading the book, students are asked to retell the story. Therefore, I will know that if students are able to retell the story or not. Also, I can know if students can identify beginning, middle, and end of the story when I ask them.
Based on what you know about your focus students, what Academic, Social and/or Linguistic Support will be needed during the lesson?
Student B and Student H are very quiet and soft spoken. So, I will encourage them to speak up and make sure they get chance to talk and express over Student X because she is very outgoing and talkative student. Other than this, there are no academic or linguistic supports needed to students.
No comments:
Post a Comment