I think my first mini lesson went fairly well. I was satisfied with all of my students’ participation because especially in the beginning of the lesson, students really participated well such as listening what I was asking without talking among themselves and answering my questions. My objective of this lesson was students will be able to read a short Chinese book with prosody and appropriate speed rate. As a result I think they all met my objective because students read the book with good speed rate and prosody such as expressive rhythmic and movement. Also as they finish the lesson, students themselves felt that practicing reading over and over helped them to read better and faster.
My lesson had some strengths and limitations to it. Normally when students read each chapter, they just read whatever is on the page. However, I added movement to each sentences such as the first sentence was if I translate into English it would be “eyes, eyes, to look”. So I asked them to point to their eyes when they read “eyes, eyes” and to point objects when they read “to look”. This was the strength of my lesson because students did enjoy doing movements while they read and this made them to read with expressive rhythmic. On other hand, there was also limitations to my lesson which was it was too easy for students to read. My CT suggested me to use the chapter 25 and students were already fluent readers of this chapter. Therefore, students got bored after echo reading and when one student read to other students. So I had to make extra effort to make students stay on focus.
As a teacher, I noticed that I really enjoyed the moment and felt really good when I saw my students enjoying my lesson. I also noticed that I like to be an active teacher because it was so much fun for me to do movements while reading sentences just like a kindergartener. One thing I noticed that I should be working on was I got so scared when students were getting bored and did not want to read to other students. I know that I have to finish my lesson but on my head I was thinking what can I do something fun to make them read and do what I ask them to do. In addition to this, I realized as a teacher that I need to learn more skills to work on management.
No comments:
Post a Comment